Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bleh

It's just one of those days, and it's only Tuesday. One of those days where you get out of bed, and you're not necessarily having a bad day, but it's just that much harder to get out of bed, that much harder to get into the shower--one of those days. It's one of those days where you can't get your strapless bra to hook no matter how many positions you try, so you give up and wear a sleeved dress instead. Today is one of those days where you take extra long to walk to the office. When you inhale a chocolate muffin, because dear God you really want it even though you know you shouldn't eat it after having a bagel already, but eating that muffin is probably going to be the high point of your day.

I'm not having a bad day, but I'm definitely having a "bleh" day.

Having a bad day is easier, or almost preferable for me, since there is at least some climax in the day. A bad day is full of dips and momentary rises to make the dips seem so much worse, whereas a bleh day is just a long line of steady state that actually isn't helpful because you wanted a much more dynamic process to your life. A bad day can normally be justified why it is so bad; you did poorly on an exam, your boyfriend told you he hasn't loved you anymore for over a month, you slipped in the dirty snow and walked to class as an exhibit of a gross mess. The bleh days are more annoying because they have no justification. They simply appear and nestle upon your day like a mist settling in on a summer day to add uncomfortable mugginess.

You can or cannot be fully awake on a bad day, however, on a bleh day your eyes still feel a bit comatose even after two cups of tea and a large coffee. On a bleh day, it's only 10:40 am and you've consumed that much caffeine.

I'll take a bad day over a bleh day any day since I would rather have the pits because they are tied to a peak. Bleh days are an endless plateau of exasperated sighs.

Bleh days can suck it.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I feel the same way. I think mostly it days that I have off that I don't use to my advantage. I enjoy downtime, but I prefer downtime that I use to say, practice a hobby or something. It's not really bad that I didn't do anything productive, and I liked not having any obligations, but somehow... it's just bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how I have felt for the past week or so. Nothing wrong, but nothing exciting either. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete