Saturday, December 11, 2010

Poppin Bottles in the Ice

Every once and a while this holiday season, I do plan on composing posts which are seperate and have nothing to do with Christmas spirit. This post is one of them. The only relatable thing is the lyric "like a blizzard", since snow is often associated with winter and Christmas as a winter holiday. That's all I've got. The conception of this post came about because of the fact that my brain is apparently very suceptible to getting the song "Like a G6" by the Far East Movement stuck in my head.

For those of you who haven't heard the aforementioned song, I present it to you below.



I have now discussed this song with several people, and have had a few outstanding discussions on the word "slizzard". Urban Dictionary offers several definitions including, but not limited too, a high state of intoxication, a slutty lizard, or becoming so intoxicated that one thinks they are a lizard. The placement of "slizzard" in the song goes,
Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard
When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard

While some might applaud individuality and creativity, all I can really think is, could you not find a word to rhyme with blizzard? Despite the stretching and distortions inflicted upon the English language, I do enjoy this song, but mainly because it's catchy, easy to dance to, and for some reason it is a popular dance number at Water Polo practices. I do dance to this song, and it is often stuck in my head, however, while I'm bobbing my head I'm also shaking it in literary confusion and disappointment.

1 comment:

  1. Ssssssssssssssssssss!


    That was me being a lizard, for your enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete