Sunday, October 24, 2010

'Tis the Season...Not Quite

Today is October 24th. It is still October. The leaves are changing, some have started to fall, but some still linger. Halloween is in another week, and we have 31 days until Thanksgiving. It is still Autumn, or Fall as some would have it. Now I am aware that every year, Christmas retail spirit attempts to befall the stores earlier and earlier. Most years, commercials and Christmas advertising begin a week or two before Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is still in November. We are still in October. WHY IS THERE CHRISTMAS ADVERTISING ALREADY?

I should note that I am a Christmas freak. I have a tree up at college right after Thanksgiving, I put up lights, stockings for all my house-mates are hung, Christmas cookies are warmed in the oven, mistletoe, carols, the whole shebang and nine yards are decked out in my apartment. I love Christmas. When the Christmas freak says it's too early, then it's bloody too early.

I'm a bit too lazy tonight to bother doing intensive research to the spread of this early festivity virus, but seriously people? Seriously.

Yesterday I went to Macy's to get some necessary items and kill some time with retail therapy. Christmas balls and flatware were to be found on the second floor at Crossgates. Just now, perusing the internet my eyes laid upon the "holiday lingerie shop" at Victoria's Secret. Really? Isn't it a bit early to be purchasing the seasonal fine china and jingling some balls?

I'm too lazy tonight to bother investigating the spread of this onslaught of early festivity sales, but seriously people? Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment