Monday, February 14, 2011

Set Your Sappy Meter to High



Happy Valentine's Day readers! Yes, a large amount of apathy amassed itself in my last post about this holiday, but you know what? I have no problem with the sentiment of this day. Advertisements and tired gender stereotypes, yes, love, no. How can anyone have a problem with love? Quoting myself, my sentiments regarding this holiday can be summed up in my facebook status:
oh hi there Valentine's Day. You've been good to me, yet never bad, even at your worst. Take this day to appreciate love. The love you have for family, the love for yourself, the love for your love, and love of love. Let your heart be happy, honest and filled with lightness today no matter where you are in life. You are loved. Happy Valentine's Day ♥

My jam packed schedule of romance today? Rock a black and red cute, yet sexy, outfit to my art classes, make dinner for my roommate and myself, have a rewarding and challenging swim workout, watch a horrible romantic comedy with some of my best girl friends, drink to good times, and maybe some Integer Programming. If that's not hot I don't know what is.

No matter where you are in life, there is love surrounding you. It might be hard to find, it might be so close you just can't see it, or it could be right where you expect it to be. Love is all around. Love is a many splendid thing. All you need is love.

Family, friends, and significant others; love comes in many forms. Just thinking about love makes me feel warm inside. Love lifts us up where we belong. So today, be happy for the love you have and for the love you have for others. For those of you who really can't seem to find any joy in the day, find a friend, watch a movie, have some drinks and laughs.

If all else fails, stare at the gorgeous piece of man-steak that is Jake Gyllenhaal.

No comments:

Post a Comment