Monday, February 21, 2011

Beginning of an Awesome Weekend

Sorry readers for my absence of postings. This past weekend was hella busy combined with a week jam-packed with academics subsequently resulted in a good deal of time away from the internet. That, and my "e" key still sticks on my laptop's keyboard, which approaches a level of annoyance that is ridiculously hard to stand. Minor grievances aside, the past few days have been awesome.

On Thursday, I was unfortunately late for my first class ever at RPI. Those of you who know me, are aware that I am one of those people, who if I'm late for class, I just won't go. I like to be between five to ten minutes early for class. My tardiness was well worth it though, because on Thursday morning, I received my first job offer! To say I was excited would be an understatement. As a senior, especially in this economy, having a job offer is a huge weight off one's shoulders.

Friday was crazy busy. After the job offer, my productivity completely went AWOL. Attempting to complete procrastinated graduate homework then became a challenge requiring a huge sacrifice of sleep to the integer programming gods. Friday subsequently dragged. I had class from 10-2, purchased groceries, helped friends plan some awesome 80's outfits (proof below), hosted the girl's Water Polo dinner, danced my fishnets off at the 100 Days' party, hit up my two favorite local bars and somehow didn't give in to exhaustion.


Above is myself, Erin, Sarah, Matt and Jason hanging out at Erin and Sarah's before the walk down the hill to the party.
Note: Crimping, hairspray and back-combing is awful to your hair. What were they thinking in the 80's?

On Saturday, I woke up deathly early for the treacherous drive to Syracuse for our first girl's Water Polo tournament. I will post more on that later, but all I can say, is I don't think I've consumed that many bread sticks in a long while. Also, I have no idea why anyone would live in Syracuse, NY. In blizzard conditions, it looks literally like a desolate wasteland after a nuclear fall out.

Stay tuned for the chronicles of Water Polo. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy not having class today and play some more Little Big Planet.

Stay classy readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment